My to do list before a race
- No fiber at least three days before a race. You just never know where during a race mother nature will decide to make her presence known. A safe haven made not be available after all that bouncing around.
- Begin to hydrate two days before the race. Hydrate with water, Gatorade, or an electrolyte drink. Just don’t hydrate too much the morning of a race. You don’t want to get caught unawares in the middle of the race. Depends anyone?
- Carb load the night before the race. Pasta galore! Traditionally the Big Guy makes pasta with grilled shrimp…yummy.
- Set out race uniform the night before the race: running skirt, race shirt, shoes, lucky socks-pink, gymboss timer and pink hat. Are you visualizing the splendor that I am all decked out in pink from head to toe?
- Fill up water bottles before the race and add NUNN electrolyte tablets. Again, pink tablets, flavored pink lemonade, electrolytes galore without the sugar with a nice fizzy taste.
- The night before the race also gather metro card, credit card, extra cash and cell phone and place in black and pink accent iFitness belt. Do you see the race color theme?
- No fooling around the night before….you need your strength for the race (!)