Sunday, January 8, 2012

SOC Sunday-On My Mind

This saying has been on my mind lately “There but for the grace of God, go I”.  I did some research as to do the origin of that quote, and wasn’t able to find much.  But it’s on my mind a lot lately afater a friend shared her plight.  A friend. who by all looks lives likes us..middle class, her and her husband both work, two kids, is going through a crisis.  The kind of crisis that we have been seeing on the news lately.  I want to help, because not only is she a friend, but I see myself in her situation.  It could have been my family in the same situation, but there for the grace of God.  I also want to help and help in such a way that I don’t expect anything in return, or feel that she is obligated to me.  I keep saying this little prayer “ Lord, help me help my friend without expecting anything in return”.



This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post below.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love
#SOCsunday

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caroline, God will answer your prayer and show you how to help your friend. Your blog is cute. I'm never been here before but I'll be back. Love your pictures and the little baby hat is adorable. Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment.

Larissa T. said...

Keeping you and your friend in mind and prayers. Hope everything works out soon. (:

all.things.fadra said...

Don't overthink it. Just help. People need it even if they think they don't.

Maureen said...

Prayers are powerful. Have faith. Will keep your friend in my prayers too :)

Tricia said...

So tough. But your friend is lucky to have you. Prayers and... I agree with Fadra - don't overthink it, your friend will know you don't expect anything.