Sunday, January 8, 2012

SOC Sunday-On My Mind

This saying has been on my mind lately “There but for the grace of God, go I”.  I did some research as to do the origin of that quote, and wasn’t able to find much.  But it’s on my mind a lot lately afater a friend shared her plight.  A friend. who by all looks lives likes us..middle class, her and her husband both work, two kids, is going through a crisis.  The kind of crisis that we have been seeing on the news lately.  I want to help, because not only is she a friend, but I see myself in her situation.  It could have been my family in the same situation, but there for the grace of God.  I also want to help and help in such a way that I don’t expect anything in return, or feel that she is obligated to me.  I keep saying this little prayer “ Lord, help me help my friend without expecting anything in return”.



This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post below.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love
#SOCsunday

5 comments: