Monday, January 9, 2012

Earliest Memory

My earliest memory is of my father coming home from work.  My mother is in the kitchen cooking dinner.  My two sisters and me are playing a game in the kitchen.  My father grabs my mother into his arms and they start dancing to a song that they can only hear.  I don’t remember if music is playing on the radio, but I do remember that everything else ceased to exist for them but each other.  That was my first look at love, and I’m so fortunate to have that with my Big Guy. Unfortunately my parents romance ended to soon.  She died in a car accident at the young age of thirty six.

1 comment:

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

Wow, that is an amazingly wonderful first memory and you are so blessed to have it. And then, to hear she died so young. Heartbreaking.