Thursday, December 15, 2011

Eggs…Yuck!

Joining Mama Kat’s writers workshop.  On Tuesdays' she posts five prompts.  You respond to one and link it back to her blog.  Here goes mine!

Describe your least favorite meal growing up.

Eggs, sunny side up, boiled, scrambled, etc….that was my least favorite meal growing up and still is.  I can’t remember when I started to dislike eggs.  What I do remember is being made to sit at the table until my eggs were eaten when I was about six years old.  At the time of this incident, we lived with my grandmother in South America and she had made sunny side up eggs.  I didn’t want them, and being stubborn I would not even try them.  I refused to eat them.  I was made to move to the back laundry room which had a wall with alternating bricks.  Well, what do you think I did?  I threw the egg out one of the holes in the wall, not right away, I waited a few minutes!!  How my grandmother found out that I had thrown that egg out the window I will never know!!!!  WE lived on the second floor?!  Who saw me or  told on me?  To this day I will never know.  So, she found out and I was made to stay in bed ALL day.  I cried and cried!  And to this day I will not eat eggs…except for devil eggs…now those are good!

 

Now it’s your turn!

Mama's Losin' It

Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list below. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!

The Prompts:

1.) 10 things I Wanted for Christmas as a Kid but Didn’t Get and Still Want. (inspired by Hello Giggles)

2.) If you HAD to marry a celebrity…who would you choose and why? (Let’s just pretend you’re not actually already married mkay?)

3.) Your nativity scene. (inspired by Confessions of an Average Housewife)

4.) Share a story from your college years. (inspired by Little Miss Momma)

5.) Describe your least favorite meal growing up.


1 comment:

Larissa T. said...

Haha...my mother hates eggs too. In fact it makes her sick, so she's allergic to them I suppose. Poor you!
I've never had deviled eggs...must fix that soon.