Friday, December 16, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday (#9)

1.  Check out shabbyblogs, an awesome blog with tutorials and freebies like buttons and banners, and this blinky. 


2.  Can you believe we still haven’t decorated the house for Christmas?  AND I’m not stressing!  The girls had been busy with dance team practice, preparing for the competition that they had last Sunday (by the way, they won first place…woo hoo!)  We like to decorate the tree and the house as a family.  Saturday we will all be home and will be able to decorate..yeah!
3.  Did I tell you that I got Christmas off this year?  It’s my holiday to work and we work the day before and the holiday.  I’ll be working Christmas Eve, off Christmas and working the 26.  Very thankful!
4.  Team dinner for the dance team tonight and doing something a little different…pancakes for dinner!  Have you ever done that?  Whenever the big guy is out of town the girls and I have that for dinner, it’s easy and a welcome change.
5.  Nursing a cold and all I really want to do is stay in bed with a good book.
6.  Speaking of good books, reading an Agatha Christie mystery.  Very good read.  Check her out if you haven’t already.
7.  Last week went to see ‘Pride and Prejudice’ the play, at Roadhouse Theater in Bethesda.  Nice little theater, had great seats and it was so much fun to see one of my favorite books come to life.

2 comments:

Larissa T. said...

Congratulations to your daughters! I love Shabby Blogs, and Agatha Christie as well. I want to see a play, any play actually, I've never seen one. (The school play I was in in elementary school doesn't count.)
Hope you feel better soon! Have a great weekend!

Imelda said...

Oh, I love Agatha Christie too. I must have read all of her books already. :-))

Merry Christmas and a blessed new year. :-)