Monday, April 8, 2013

F:Fiber Space-A Z Challenge

photo.JPGToday I'm going to tell you about my FAVORITE local yarn store...Fiber Space.  It's located in Old Town  Alexandria, Virginia and it's by far the BEST yarn store I've ever been to.



Top 5 reasons why I LOVE Fiber Space

1. Located in Old Town Alexandria.  After shopping for yarn goodies I can stroll the brick paved sidewalks and visit Alexandria Cupcake for a sweet treat or head down to the water and visit the Torpedo Factory Art Center which houses various artists and their wares.
2.  Friendly staff.  They will answer any knitting/crochet question,  show you how to do the technique, and and not charge you.  I know of another yarn store that charges you for answering questions.
3.  Large selection of yarn and supplies.  From fingering to bulky yarn, local hand dyed and many colors to choose from, needles in various sizes and types, books galore...Fiber Space has it all.
4.  Classes for the beginner to the advanced.
5.  Welcoming space.  I can pop in and knit, not purchase anything (which is really hard to do!), and sometimes I'm even offered a cup of tea!

Do you have a favorite yarn store?