Monday, April 8, 2013

K:Knitting-A-Z Challenge

Knitting
One of my FAVORITE pastimes, hobby, stress reliever, tv watching pastime and all-around activity that I can take anywhere, especially when I'm waiting at the doctors office, etc. I've even knit while waiting at a red light...just a stitch or two!
My grandmother, Gabriela taught my sisters and me to knit when we lived with her in South America. She believed that idle hands were the devils work, so three little girls were put to work. We knit, crocheted and embroidered. She had a refrigerator where the handle was pulled down toward you in order to open the refrigerator door, this handle became the object of many a brightly colored cozy.
Throughout the years I've put knitting down and yet I've picked it up again. The past several years have seen an explosion of knitting communities, online classes, independent designers (like me) selling their patterns online.
It is truly amazing!