Monday, April 1, 2013

A: Amigurumi-A-Z Challenge

A-Z Challenge starts today.   Come join me as we travel through the alphabet learning all there is about knitting and crochet.


           






A
Ami (ah mee): Japanese for knitting or crochet; nugurumi (noo ee goo roo mee) Japanese for stuffed doll. (source)  

Amigurumi: The art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals or anthropomorphic creatures.
The blue monster is my favorite.  Have I knitted an amigurumi?  No, not yet, they are on my list of 'must knit items'!

Interested in creating these adorable creatures?  Try this website.  It has a great tutorial on types of yarn to use, stuffing, embellishments and helpful book to get you started on the road to amigurumi!

P.S.  Thanks Arlee Bird for starting the A-Z challenge!!





1 comment:

stefani said...

Too too cute! I love the blue monster and the giraffe is adorable. I have not yet tried Amigurumi, but it is on my list of things that I want to try.