Thursday, February 21, 2013

She runs..reads...sews, and knits

Hello friends, how are you?
Kettle is on, which kind of tea would you like? I have Irish breakfast tea and Ginger tea.
A cup of coffee instead? It just finished brewing. Milk, cream, sugar?

What have you been up to?
Me?

The creative writing juices just aren't flowing. I'm dry as the desert with with any interesting and creative ideas to share with you. I can't seem to find my voice nor my purpose for writing. I seem unable to generate profound reflections on life, culture and world events.

So, instead, I'll fill you in on what I've been up to in the last couple of weeks.

1. Ran a local 14K We waited in the car for the last possible moment....the car thermostat said it was 27 degrees outside. Dark chocolate treats and warm hot chocolate were waiting at the finish line.
2. Ran the Love for the Kids virtual Valentine's Day 1/2 marathon. I was treated to blue skies and a sunny 30 degree day! The course I chose took me through many hills, I started out strong, and finished in good time, but legs were screaming in pain at the end.
3. This little baby turned 18! She had a great day, got her nails done, lunch with girlfriends, practice, then dinner with the family. Her cousin and his fiancé came over and made her the meal she requested: clams and mussels in a cream sauce over fettuccine noodles. Chocolate cake topped with chocolate cream cheese frosting and eighteen lighted candles finished off the night. Words before bed "mom, I had a great day, thank you!"
4. Finished reading Middlesex by Eugene This book had been on the bookshelf for some time, I even included it on the To be Read Pile 2012 I can't believe I waited this long to read it. If you get the chance read it, it is a well written Greek 'tragedy'.
5. FINALLY learning how to use the embroidery attachment to the Bernina. I purchased this gem last year and it's been sitting in a box all this time. Time and a project that M needed me to work on helped me finally figure out how to use the embroidery attachment. Many mistakes later I finally got the hang of it. I now 'see' all the things I can embroider!
6. Knitting 'boot socks' or as we used to call them..leg warmers for M. I'm now being asked to knit items, boot socks being one of them. Boot socks? No one at the store knew what I was talking about, boot socks? Well, my friends boot socks=leg warmers. One boot sock/leg warmer down, one to go...
So, tell me about your adventures.....