Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What I learned in 2012....


1. Weekly link parties are great, and it does generate some traffic to the blog. But having the time to only read a few of the 100's of posts on the host blog makes me feel bad. I end up reading the blog posts I recognize and then it feels like a popularity contest.

2. Learning code was great, but I couldn't see myself taking the advanced classes unless I was going into computer programming as a next career. I still enjoy bedside nursing.

3. I can run 26.2 miles and not die! Running helps me relieve stress. I've made some great friendships through running, and for me it's not about the time, or distance, but about the joy in the journey.

4. Read what I like and when I want to. Will I ever read the books I didn't get to on the TBRP challenge...maybe, maybe not. I picked them up for a reason, but now is not the time. I will continue to have a stack a books on the bedside table and on the iPad...if only there were more hours in the day.


5. Praying like running helps center me and feel closer to God.



6. Working full-time was interesting, but frustrating when I couldn't fix all that I felt needed fixing. I feel so blessed that I'm able to work part-time while the girls are still home. My family survived and maybe even missed me some days...!

7. Joining the monthly writing challenges helped my writing. Writing has now become like running, something I NEED to do for me. Getting the thoughts that are swirling in my head down on this blog has me meeting new people through the blogsaphere, learning new things and doing something I never thought I would do...write.


8. Designing and publishing knitting patterns feeds my creative juices. It's hard work, but well worth it when I get the email that someone 'has purchased your pattern"! Someone out there is wearing my creations, how great is that! Last year I was only able to publish one pattern, this year I'd love to at least publish two. Scarves seem to be the best sellers in my shop.