Monday, July 23, 2012


Remember this little piece that I was working on? 

 I finished it a couple of months ago and to be honest I'm not in love with it!  
I used Neighborhood Fiber Co. which is one of my favorite yarns, locally dyed and sold in Marlyand.
The colors are so vibrant and rich, it's my 'go to' yarn for projects I want to knit.  This particular yarn is called Maisonette DK (50% Merino and 50% Tussah Silk).  It a gorgeous yarn, but lesson learned, not a good fit for this particular project. The stitch pattern combined with the yarn made the infinity scarf too stiff, bulky and didn't give it enough stretch or body.  It just lays flat.  
All is not lost, I'm not giving up!

    Lesson learned when knitting this piece.  

  1.  Swatch a much larger segment in order to get a good feel for how the fabric will stretch
  2. Use a yarn with some 'give' to it.
  3. Go back to the drawing board
  4. Don't give up!
This particular stitch pattern is challenging, but since it repeats itself, it's easy to memorize and I know that others will find it interesting and will want to knit it as well.  Stay tuned!!