Friday, June 1, 2012

TBRP...The Historian

This book totally creeped me out!  I don't think I got past page 45.  I can't put my finger on why it was creeping me out, especially after just finishing Dracula, and that book didn't creep me out. While reading it I felt like there was a presence in the room, and I kept looking over my shoulder to see if someone was behind me.  Didn't read it at night, and the BG wasn't out of town, all I know is that I couldn't even get into the book and will have to put it back on the TBRP shelf for later and dip into the alternate list.  Three Musketeers or Don Quixote?  Thinking about attempting to read the Three Musketeers, I've never read it but seen several versions of the movie. Don Quixote was first read way back in high school for an English research project so it can wait to be re-read later.  What are your thoughts on the Historian?  Did you read it?


1 comment:

Tia Bach said...

I ended up really enjoying this book, but it took some "getting into" I must admit. I did find it creepy in the beginning, but then I became enthralled with the discovery parts.