Sunday, March 11, 2012

SOC Sunday-Prime of our life!

Today’s (Optional) Writing Prompt for Stream of consciousness Sunday is "Have you reached the prime of your life? What do you want to be your legacy?"  I'm going to try and tackle this prompt, but know that I worked two-twelve hour shifts, one of which was after daylight savings time-I am exhausted! I've just had dinner and a big glass of wine, and I'm thoroughly disappointed to find that it isn't 7pm when I got home, but actually 8pm-I hadn't changed the clock in the car.  So here goes!


I think that we reach the prime of of our life on a daily basis.  Yes, it's those little tasks, or challenges that we accomplish on a daily basis that has us reaching our prime.  If we look at the small or large successes (I lost my train of thought) that we accomplish on a daily basis as monumental successes then we won't be looking at others achievements and wondering why we aren't doing  X, Y, or Z, feeling totally useless and depressed.  We can save the world in our little communities, or homes.  Yes, it's great to want to save the WORLD, but how daunting...SAVE THE WORLD!.  Let's look at how we taught our child to read, taught our teen to drive or how we talked to the kids about basic sex education...educating them to be smart, well-rounded and educated individuals that will then turn and save the world in their little communities.  Let's look at how we volunteer with Meals on Wheels to provide nutritious meals for those who are home bound, or how we teach adults who can't read how to read.   WE do so much and will do more.  What we do is our daily 'prime of our life'



#SOCsunday

This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…

Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
Link up your post below.
Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.

More stream of consciousness Sunday on all.things.fadra



3 comments:

Maureen said...

I love, love, love your point of views on this prompt. Thank you so much for reminding me of this.

Carolina said...

You are welcome! I'm so glad my point of view came across :]

all.things.fadra said...

I came home not wanting the SAVE the world but knowing that I want to change part of it. If anything, just the parts I know I can change. Still figuring it all out.