- “Prepare yourself mentally for sewing. How!? By doing yoga, mental exercises?
- Think about what you are going to do. Ok…
- Never approach sewing with a sigh or lackadaisically. Why not? Sometimes I do my best sewing when I approach sewing with a sigh!!
- Good results are difficult when indifference predominates. Indifference??
- Never try to sew with a sink full of dirty dishes or beds unmade. Why not? I’m trying to forget about the dirty dishes and the unmade beds!
- When there are urgent housekeeping chores, do these first so your mind is free to enjoy your sewing. But if I did those urgent chores I wouldn’t have time for sewing!!
- Put on a clean dress. Seriously! I’ve done my best sewing in my pajamas!
- When you sew, make yourself as attractive as possible. Seriously! Nails done? Hair coiffed?
- Keep a little bag full of French chalk near your sewing machine to dust your fingers at intervals. I have never heard of French chalk, and WHY do I need to dust my fingers??
- Have your hair in order, powder and lipstick put on. If you are constantly fearful that a visitor will drop in or your husband will come home and you will not look neatly put together, you will not enjoy your sewing as you should.” I WILL too enjoy my sewing!
Hope this made you laugh as much as it made me!!
Images from Google images.