Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mama Kats Writer’s Workshop…Resolutions

My New Year's resolutions for the 2012 year are as follows, but I don't like calling them resolutions, but 'things I'd like to do'. The word 'resolution' carries too much pressure and guilt if I don't succeed in attaining those resolutions that I set for myself. "Things I'd like to do" is kinder and less guilt ridden, at least to me! So here goes:

Things I'd like to do in 2012

Learn HTML code..I'm actually practicing this weeks lesson by typing this post using code!
Make and finish three quilts
Publish three knitting patterns
Run three 1/2 marathons. I'm signed up for the Sun Trust 1/2 marathon in March 17, and doing research on others I'd like to run the rest of the year
Read the 12 books I choose for the 2012 TBRP challenge
Pray a decade of the Rosary daily, less daunting than trying to pray the entire Rosary in a day
Continue reading the Bible
Post better comments on other blogs.
Blog at least daily

Things I did in 2011


Started writing a blog www.sewcarolinaknits.blogspot.com
Published four knitting patterns on Ravelry
Started running by using Jeff Golloway's run/walk/run method
Ran three races

Overall a great year!!

Now it’s your turn, join Kat at Mama’s losin’ it! 

Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come back to add your name to the link list below. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!

The Prompts:

1.) Tell us about something you punched.

2.) “Top Trends of 2011 That I Want To Forget” (inspired by A Closet Writer).

3.) Your life is being turned into a movie…who will play your cast of characters?

4.) Your significant others family is coming over in two hours..think about what’s in your kitchen. Now QUICK…what’s for dinner!?!

5.) Okay okay I have to ask…what are your New Year’s Resolutions for 2012 and/or how did 2011′s resolutions turn out?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your goal of posting on other blogs. I also really need to start doing this!

Happy New Year!

Pamtastic said...

Three 1/2 marathons! Wow! I'm considering my first this April..but scared to death - I need to just jump in there and do it!

Great "non" resolutions :-)

a.eye said...

Wow!

You just started running last year and already ran races and are planning even more!!

That is really impressive! Good luck with all of your goals.