Thursday, December 8, 2011

Writer's Workshop: Out of Africa

One of my favorite movies is Out of Africa with Meryl Streep and Robert Redford.  This movie makes me cry every time I watch it.  Even thinking about it makes me get emotional.  I just looked the movie up on the Internet Movie Database (IMDB) and I can’t believe it was made in 1985…!
I love the part when they are camping and  he washes her hair, pouring the water from the pitcher so gently over her hair….very romantic.  The part that makes me cry is when Robert Redford's character dies and she it as his gravesite…she picks up a handful of dirt ready to toss it on top of his coffin….she holds her hand out, pulls it back…the grief of losing her lover showing on her face!  Sigh………

3 comments:

The ZB said...

I'm ashamed to admit that I've never watched it! It's one of those movies that I know I need to watch, but haven't yet. However, I swear you're like the third or fourth person who's mentioned it this week... Pretty sure that's a sign. ;)

Patrice said...

That's a great movie!

Unknown said...

You know, I think I saw that way back when it first came out and I was in high school. But I don't remember the plot that well. Thinking I'll add it to our Blockbuster queue!