Sunday, December 11, 2011

SOC Sunday-The Grocery Line

 

I was sent to the grocery store yesterday to get milk.  My husband was making mashed potatoies-he makes the best mashed potatoes!  Well, anyway, I DO NOT like going to the grocery store, but he was cooking for me, so, OK, I went.  Just to get milk, that’s it.  I head to the line with just my milk and the self-checkout line is at least three people deep.  I head over to the 15 items or less line and wouldn’t you know I stand behind a guy who has MORE than 15 items!!  I turn around to see  who is behind me and there is this lady, who happens to be looking at the trashy magazines.  We catch each others eyes and have a good laugh.  She says that standing in line at the grocery store is the only time she gets to catch up on her gossip!  And how what’s in the tabloids is not something that will be talked about at a dinner party!  We laughed!  It made standing in line at the grocery store bearable.  Payed for the milk and she wished me a merry christmas!  Wished her the same!

 

*******************************************************************************

#SOCsunday

 

  This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…

  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post below.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Great little story! Grocery store line is where I catch up on my gossip too :)

Thanks for stopping by Raising Humans!

all.things.fadra said...

I love stories like this. Little moments and interactions that make life so interesting. P.S. I love grocery shopping!