Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Last Meal

I was really over thinking today's prompt: If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would you want it to be? Can I chew?  Am I laying on a hospital bed near death?  Am I on death row and going before the electric chair in the morning?  No, the prompt reads, "If I knew that whatever I ate next would be my last meal, what would I want it to be.  OK, I'm healthy and for some reason this is my last meal...it would be: Beef Wellington, grilled asparagus, German chocolate cake and a big glass of red wine-Chianti, Shiraz, Merlot, whatever.
My husband is a great cook and I know he would do a great job cooking my last meal.  He can look in the fridge, pick out ingredients and dinner is made.  Me, on the other hand can't cook, no it's not that I can't cook, I do not enjoy cooking.  The having to think what to cook, the chopping, etc, it's exhausting!
I think he learned how to cook when I was pregnant with our first daughter.  The smell of cooking grease, (conveniently) made me sick, so if he was going to eat he had to fix dinner himself.  Now I get to reap the benefits.
Going back to my last meal, if I was laying on a hospital bed and new that whatever I would eat next would be my last meal, I would have a big chocolate shake, of course!