Friday, November 4, 2011

7 quick takes Friday


--- 1 ---
I just started listening to Food for the Journey from Renewal Ministries.  It’s hosted by Sr. Ann Shields.  The program is just about 15 minutes long and a great way to start my idea.  I’m going to commit to try and listen daily in the morning.  Check it out. 
-- 2 ---
I’m participating in BlogHer.com National Blog Posting Month in an effort to post more often and become a better writer.  Check it out, there are prizes and prompts to help you get started writing everyday.
--- 3 ---
My new pattern So Not Twins is out on Ravelry!
018
. --- 4 ---
Training for the SunTrust Rock and Roll Half Marathon and to stay motivated I’m raising money for Girls on the Run-DC.http://www.active.com/donate/gotrdcsolemates/CDiez
--- 5 ---
Loooooong day at work yesterday.  But on the upside, I did get to cuddle with the cutest, most sweetest Down’s baby.
--- 6 ---
Thanks for your prayers!  The dance team made it to NYC and back home safe and sound.  They had a really good time.
.  
--- 7 ---
Please pray for my friend in the middle of much family turmoil. 
.
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

4 comments:

jen said...

i'm a former nicu mom so i have so VERY much respect and love for what you do. my 1 lb 15 oz. 29 weeker is now 2.5 years old and i still miss his nurses. they made my life livable during the 2 months we spent there.

Carolina said...

Thank you! I LOVE my job! I was able to discharge a baby yesterday, the smiles on the parents were huge!! Congratulations on your sweet 2 1/2 year old!

Anonymous said...

OOooh, #5 just made my day! My little chromosomally-gifted girl was never in the NICU, but she was in the PICU twice, and we have such love & appreciation for the nurses (and the docs!) who took care of here there.

Good luck on your half-marathon! My husband just ran one two weeks ago. His first. Maybe his only. We'll see.

Carolina said...

I love your term: chromosomally-gifted! I'm going to start using that from now on. I didn't mention that he smiled at me, yes he did! I knot it wasn't gas;}