Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Another KAL!

As if I didn’t have enough going on in my life that I needed to join another KAL (knit a long)!  I couldn’t pass up the chance to knit this amazing shawl with yarn from my stash.  I’m using Capital Luxury Sock yarn by Neighborhood yarn company,  in color: Lauraville.  It’s the same color that I used in the Westknits mystery shawl, but this one is a blend of wool, cashmere, and nylon.  I’m in love with this yarn and how soft it is!  Pattern is from the latest issue of Knitcircus magazine.
021
So what else am I working on?  Just finished blocking a crescent shawlette that I designed.  Yeah! I need to write the pattern up and then have it test knit.   It’s small enough that you can wear as a scarf and it only requires one skein of yarn.  I’m also going to knit the same shawlette but in a larger size, not only length wise but width wise as well so that it wears nicely along the shoulders, also using one skein of yarn.  When you buy the pattern you’ll be getting two sizes to knit, using one skein of yarn in different fibers.
Not only am I knitting, but also getting four quilts ready to be quilted.  I have the tops all done, and just finished pinning the top, batting and backing to one quilt.  Digging through the fabric stash to find backs for the other three quilts and will try to have them pinned and ready to quilt by next week….??!!
AND, I’m training for the Army-ten miler in two weeks.  I’m tired just reading how much I’m doing, and have to do!