Friday, July 22, 2011

Quilt Show

This past June the Quilters Unlimited guild held their annual quilt show.  Quilts from the various chapters were on display along with many vendors selling fabric and quilting essentials.  This isn’t a juried show, it’s just a place for the guild members to showcase their quilts.  Here are four of the quilts that I displayed.  The Pear’s Paw quilt was from a swap.  I had enough extra fabric that I was able to make two quilts, one for myself and the other for a girlfriend.  The layout was inspired by the quilt “Shades of Autumn” by Carrie Nelson, it was featured in the October 2009 Quilt magazine.
 001  003
This next quilt I call ‘Springtime Serenade’.  It was created using the ‘X-block’ ruler at a workshop by Patricia Pepe.  It’s quite easy to use. Instructions are included with the ruler and there are many ways to layout the blocks to get an interesting layout.
  004
The last quilt I call Tuscany because the colors remind me of an Italian villa—rich browns, yellows, greens and red, my favorite color.  This quilt was made during a Niclemania workshop by Ann Littleton.
005Sorry it’s a little blurry and you can’t really get the true richness of the colors.
It’s been quiet around this blog!…no particular reason, I’ve been busy with the girls, dance recitals, school getting out and driving them to dance team practices.  Hope you are having a great summer!