Wednesday, April 24, 2013

T: Time A-Z Challenge


Time, we all need more of it and can't seem to find it.  Time.  I need more time to write interesting posts, more time to spend with the girls, more time to craft, more time to run...time.  Where does it go and how can we get it back?  Time.
When I'm out and about with knitting in tow, people come up to me and comment "Oh, I wish I had more time to knit?"  I can't tell you where to find the time, I can only share what I do.  When it comes to knitting, or even quilting-two of my favorite hobbies, I make the time-even if it's just 5 minutes knitting a couple of stitches-I make the time.  I'm a better person for it.  If I don't make the time, even if it's a few minutes, I get overwhelmed by the lack of progress I've made on the project, the lack of time I have, etc, etc,  a spinning wheel of whirling negative thoughts, and the project gets forgotten. So by doing a little at time in even the smallest chunks of time, before I know it I'm getting closer and closer to finishing the project.

So why don't I take my own advice when it comes to writing.  I enjoy writing.  Words on paper, emotions out of my head, it's cathartic and empowering.  Is it because writing on a blog doesn't produce a touchable, product like knitting?  Is it lack of interesting tid bits to share with you?  I don't know.  All I know is I could have done much better at scheduling time to write, especially for this challenge (A-Z Challenge).

What do yo do to make time for blogging?  Do you schedule the time on  your calendar?  Or, just write when you can?