1. He is the patron saint of the pro-life movement
2. Born in Poland on August 14, 1894 and died 19413. He founded the Immaculata movement
"The MI movement is open to all Catholics. It employs prayer as the main weapon in the spiritual battle with evil. MIs also immerse themselves in apostolic initiatives throughout society, either individually or in groups, to deepen the knowledge of the Gospel and our Catholic Faith in themselves and in others.
Marian consecration is a formal act of self-gi
ving that does not stop at Mary, but is Christ-directed. It is really consecration to Jesus. The MI's mission is "To Lead Every Individual With Mary to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus."
4. Built a community of men in Poland, Japan and India.
5. Returned to Poland in 1936
6. Arrested by the Nazis in 1941 and sent to Auschwitz
7. He offered himself up in place for a young husband and father, when ten men were selected to be killed in revenge for one prisoner's escape.
"No one in the world can change Truth. What we can do and and should do is to seek truth and to serve it when we have found it. The real conflict is the inner conflict. Beyond armies of occupation and the hetacombs of extermination camps, there are two irreconcilable enemies in the depth of every soul: good and evil, sin and love. And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?"~ St. Maximilian Kolbe