Sunday, February 19, 2012

SOC Sunday-Loving Hands

They hesitantly walk into the room.  They have never been in this room before.  I greet them with a smile, introduce myself, and go over our plan for today.  He takes him out of the isollete.  His hands are three times bigger than his head.  He awkwardly tries to hold him in his lap while trying to give him the bottle.  He is left handed, it looks awkward the way he his trying to hold him and the bottle.  She looks on lovingly, trying not to step in and ruin the moment.  I walk over and give him different ways to position the bottle, he is relieved, the new technique isn’t as awkward.  She is relieved not to have had to tell him how to do it.  I’m relieved that the simple tip has worked.  .  I see their heads joined lovingly taking him in. I walk away saying to myself ‘this is why I love my job!’

#SOCsunday  

This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post below.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.

2 comments:

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Awww so sweet!

Larissa T. said...

That sounds positively wonderful!
But..I hope you don't mind my asking..what is your job?
It concerns babies. Sounds wonderful enough!