Five non-medical facts I learned about Chinese and Thai New Year from a co-worker who is from Thailand.
1. Chinese new year falls between January and February, it follows the Lunar calendar.
2. The Chinese people get three days off for the new year, the first day being the most important.
3. Housework is not done on Chinese new year "Don't touch the broom" is the saying.
4. Thai new year always falls on April 13.
5. Parents and elders are honored on Thai New Year. They are given blessings with holy water and a garland of flowers.