Sunday, January 22, 2012

SOC Sunday--STOP Whinning

I have this friend at work who 'tells it like it is'!  I wish I could be like that, I wish I could 'tell it like it is' and say what is on my mind about the way that you are behaving.  But no, I don't, I keep quiet, walk away and then vent in my head or to someone else.  "Why does so and so have to whine and complain so much?"  Why can't I 'tell it like it is' to that person, to their face?  Here it is, if I could I would say the following to that person:  "Stop whinning and complaining! Really!  If you don't like it so much then go to 'boss' with ideas on how to change what you don't like.  You have a choice.  Keep complianing and be unhappy, or do something about it...generate ideas on how to fix the problem, move on or leave.  Really!  You would be so much happier, and so would everybody else?"  There I said it, to you, my friends, not to the person who needs to hear it.  Better than nothing?!  Practice for when I will say it in person? 

This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…

#SOCsunday


  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Link up your post below.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.

1 comment:

all.things.fadra said...

Sometimes it's better not to say something. Sometimes things have to work themselves out (and they always seem to have a way of doing that). You can always talk to them constructively but I suspect someone like that is only happy if they have something to complain about.