Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Praying for Others

I’ve been thinking about this lately and wondering if you have any suggestions.  Someone has asked me to pray for them or their family or coworker, of course say Yes.  I usually say this little prayer in my head “Dear Lord, comfort……..”  or “Holy Mary, pray for……”.  But I feel I that I fall short by just saying that little prayer, that something more should be said and done.  I read this article from the “Ask a Carmelite Sister” column in the integrated catholic e-magazine. The Sister offers some wonderful suggestions such as praying the rosary, saying the Our Father, or even lighting a candle at mass.  Ideas that I will certainly take to heart.

Do you use a prayer journal?  What do you do when someone asks you to pray for them?

1 comment:

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

I say a prayer in my head right then and there and I truly believe that it works just as well as something with more pomp and circumstance. I also say a quick prayer whenever I hear an ambulance siren or fire engine.