Thursday, December 22, 2011

Best Gift Ever

Every week you’re invited to join me in Writer’s Workshop by responding to one of the provided writing prompts posted each Tuesday. The directions are simple:

    • Choose a writing prompt from the list provided that inspires you most.
    • Write.
    • Come back this Thursday and paste the URL from your post into the list of links that will be displayed…this way anyone can click on your post thumbnail and head over to your place to see what you wrote.

To view more detailed instructions on how this weekly meme works, check out the Writer’s Workshop FAQs.

Writing Prompts:

1.) You know you’re a mother when…

2.) The best gift ever!  My husband, my children, a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs, food on the table, those are blessings to me and gifts that God has bestowed on our family.  The best gift I ever received wasn’t even a Christmas gift.  Fourteen years ago when I was pregnant with my youngest, my girlfriends surprised me with a baby shower and at that baby shower they presented me with a double baby jogger stroller.  I cried when I opened my eyes and there it was in all it’s purple glory!  I was thrilled beyond belief!  I had been dropping hints to my husband and never in my wildest dreams did I think I was going to get it.  I was able to take both girls out on long walks around the neighborhood.  That big purple stroller survived the streets of Harker Heigths, TX, Sarasota, FL, and Springfield, VA.  As the girls started school they were getting much too big for me to push so I had to sell my walking companion.  It was bittersweet saying good-bye to that stroller, it meant the girls were growing up.  Another family with two kids was able to enjoy the stroller as much as I did.  I often think of the walks we took in that stroller and remember the picture I took of my sweet babies asleep in the stroller.

3.) How has blogging changed for you in the past year? What are your goals for your blog this year?

4.) Santa of Christmas Past. Share the previous years Santa photos…what has changed over the years?

5.) Put together a holiday outfit you’d love to wear at a holiday party should a holiday party ever be on your list of things to do.

1 comment:

Pitterle Postings said...

Totally love the stroller. What a wonderful gift!!