Monday, April 11, 2011

Look who I got to meet!

Fiber Space…my favorite LYS, held a color workshop with Babs Ausherman, otherwise known as Miss Babs from Miss Babs hand dyed yarns and fibers.  Before the workshop, Shelley and I stopped by the Le pain quotidien, a French Bakery for dinner….yummy!  We shared the hummus appetizer, and each ordered the Vegetable quiche……Friday…Lent…no meat.  The quiche was delicious.  For dessert we both ordered the coconut macaroons…..to die for... almost as big as a cupcake, crunchy on the outside, and gooey on the inside!  I can’t wait to try out their chocolate covered coconut macaroons next time.

Back to the workshop, Miss Babs talked about color, how it influences what we wear and how to incorporate colors that may not look good on us, with those that do.  She handed out popsicle sticks that were covered with a piece of double sided tape, and 4-5 different colored yarn “cakes”. We took strips of the yarn and wrapped them around the popsicle stick to see how different colors can work together.  My favorite is the chocolate and pink combination.  What am I going to do with the yarn I bought?  I have ides for more shawls….my favorite year round accessory!

027        028

033        032

036