Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pink Lemonade Scarf-Part 1


Just wanted to share with you that my new pattern Pink Lemonade Scarf is published!  You can find it on Ravelry,  Craftsy,or just go to my KNITTING DESIGNS page.
I initially knit this cable stitch pattern as an infinity cowl for Madeline.  I used this yarn......but it wasn't stretchy enough or soft enough to wrap around and look scrunchy.  It just lay flat.  I found this yarn....., it contains 10% Nylon and when you squeeze it it's just soft and rebounds on itself.  Words can't describe how much I love this yarn.   The color is fantastic, the yarn has been  hand-dyed so it has a variegated look to it.  The yarn really took to the cable stitch pattern.  What I also love about this stitch pattern is that it looks just as pretty on the right side as it does on the wrong side.
Besides knitting lace, cables are one of my other favorite knitting stitches.  I get bored easily just knitting stockinette stitch (just knitting the knit stitches), that knitting something different becomes a mental excercise or a spark from the boredom of knitting just the knit stitches.
Knitting cables is just a matter of placing a certain number of stitches on a cable needle, knitting the stitches on the knitting needle, then placing the stitches from the cable needle back on the knitting needle, then knitting those stitches, thereby creating a sort of twist.
In my next post I will write about how I knit cable stitches....without a cable needle.  Once you get used it to it it's really not that hard...stay tuned.!