Tuesday, February 7, 2012

TBRP Review: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

image
Finished: 2//2/12
I do not claim to be an expert at book reviews, nor am I a prolific and talented writer, able to put thoughts into grammatically correct sentences and paragraphs. I do know that I like to read, I read a lot and I’ll share with you what I like or not like about the books that I read.
I really did like this book.  The movie to this book has recently come out and watching the previews to the movie is what sparked my interest in reading the book, although I wish I had found out about this book before the movie came out-I like reading the book before I see the movie. 
This is certainly an unusual book, there are blank pages and photographs throughout the book.  Sometimes I was a little confused to the the timeline and who was speaking when.  As the movie ads state “this is not a movie about 9/11” and it certainly isn’t.  This is a book about a families struggle to recover from the aftermath of 9/11.